New Year, New Books


Hello fellow booknerds!  With a new year comes new fiction.  I don't know about you but I'm ready to see what 2015 has in store.  For this list I chose one new release for each month.  It's a mixture of christian fiction and teen fiction.  All links in this post go to the Goodreads page for that novel.

So without further ado, here is a look at what is coming for your reading pleasure...

January: Beyond all Dreams by Elizabeth Camden.  I don't care what is on the back cover blurb; if Elizabeth Camden writes it, then I will read it.  This has potential to be an absolute favorite of mine though because it features a librarian and I'm starting library school in January.
February: Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard.  This is her debut novel and everything about it sounds amazing.  The country is split into Reds and Silvers.  One teenage Red girl just might have the power to turn the whole country on its head.
March: The Storyspinner by Becky Wallace.  Royalty? Check. Fantasy? Check. Strong teenage girl? Check. Sounds like a winner to me.
April: The Girl at Midnight by Melissa Grey.  An ancient race of people with feathers for hair?  I'm not so sure about this one, but we'll give it a shot.
May: Tiffany Girl by Deeanne Gist.  What can I say?  She has never written a novel that I haven't loved.  I'm always at the bookstore on release day to get her newest novel.  Like her last two novels, this one is set at the 1893 Chicago World Fair.
June: Siren's Fury by Mary Weber. This looks amazing but I have a feeling I should probably start with the first book of the series.  Another teen story with a strong female lead.  I blame The Hunger Games for my current obsession with these types of stories.
July: Lady Maybe by Julie Klassen.  Normally Ms. Klassen only releases one book a year and it's typically around December/January.  According to Goodreads this one is coming out in July. This is the definition of Christmas in July.
August: Unfailing Love by Julie Lessman. I love all of Julie's novels.  This will be her first contemporary novel though so I'm curious as to how much I will like it.  I'm more of a historical fiction girl. ***I actually have no idea what month this novel is coming out, but I had a gaping hole in August that I needed to fill.***
September: The Lost Heiress by Roseanna M. White.  This sounds like it could be something along the lines of a Julie Klassen or Sarah Ladd novel.  I guess I'll have to read it to find out.
October: A Refuge at Highland Hall by Carrie Turansky.  I haven't read anything by Ms. Turansky yet but the first two books of the Edwardian Brides series are sitting in my must-be-read pile.
November: Winter by Marissa Meyer.  This is Book 4 in the Lunar Chronicles series.  I've heard wonderful things about the series from both a random girl in the library and a cashier at Books-A-Million.  I'm leery of reading this series though.  I just can't get past Cinderella being a cyborg.  
December:  ??? Maybe it is too early for publishers to give a December publication date to a novel but I couldn't find any new releases I would be interested in reading in December.

Well, there you have it.  That's not even the tip of the iceberg for new releases; it's more like an ice cube. 2015 is going to be a good year for fiction. Are there any new books that you're looking forward to?  Are any of y'all doing a reading challenge in 2015?



Comments

  1. I'm looking forward to a few of these too. And thanks to your list I've added The Storyspinner to my TBR list. I think that makes the sixth book I've added that releases on March 3rd.

    I am doing reading challenges! A Fairytale Challenge, and a couple more through Goodreads. Should be fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just discovered The Storyspinner while I was making the list, I think my busy release month will be May. Have fun with your challenges! Maybe I'll join the fairytale one.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Twirling Naked in the Streets and No One Noticed

Challenge Check

Reels & Reads: Divergent