Waiting on Tiffany

Find out more on Deeanne's Website!


     My first semester of graduate school is quickly winding down. I have a number of projects due within the next week that I should be working on. What am I actually doing? I am (not so) patiently waiting on my copy of Tiffany Girl by Deeanne Gist to arrive in the mail. She is one of my FAVORITE authors. I love her historical stories. Maid to Match is my absolute favorite. It is set in the Biltmore House (if you haven't visited Biltmore then put it on your bucket list). The Vanderbilts were American nobility. If you like Downton Abbey, then I think you'll Maid to Match.
    As part of her Launch Team I was able to preview the first few chapters--but I haven't read them yet. I can hear you shouting, "Are you crazy?!?" That's debatable, but the way I see it, it would be far worse torture to read the preview and then still have to wait for the rest of the book.

So what is Tiffany Girl about? I'm so glad you asked. Here's the book blurb:
As preparations for the 1893 World’s Fair set Chicago and the nation on fire, Louis Tiffany—heir to the exclusive Fifth Avenue jewelry empire—seizes the opportunity to unveil his state-of-the-art, stained glass, mosaic chapel, the likes of which the world has never seen.
But when Louis’s dream is threatened by a glassworkers’ strike months before the Fair opens, he turns to an unforeseen source for help: the female students at the New York School of Applied Design. Eager for adventure, the young women pick up their skirts, move to boarding houses, take up steel cutters, and assume new identities as the “Tiffany Girls.”
Tiffany Girl is the heartwarming story of the impetuous Flossie Jayne, a beautiful, budding artist handpicked by Louis to help complete the Tiffany chapel. Though excited to be an independent "New Woman" when most of the fair sex stayed home, she quickly finds the world less welcoming than anticipated. From a Casanova male, to an unconventional married couple, and a condescending singing master, she takes on a colorful cast of characters to transform the boarding house into a home while racing to complete the Tiffany chapel and make a name for herself in the art world.
As challenges mount, her ambitions become threatened from an unexpected quarter: her own heart.
Who will claim victory? Her dreams or the captivating boarder next door?



So while we all wait for me to tackle the mailman I thought I would take a quiz.

Click here to take the quiz!
According to this quiz, I'm Aggie: an independent woman who marches to the beat of her own drum. I don't know who Aggie is yet so we'll see if I agree once I read Tiffany Girl. It's your turn booknerds! Take the quiz and let me know who you get!


Comments

  1. Sounds great! I got Clara: organized, sensible, and passionate with a strong work ethic. Hopefully I'll get to read the book and find out for myself if that's true!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Twirling Naked in the Streets and No One Noticed

Challenge Check

Reels & Reads: Divergent