Review: The Lost Heiress by Roseanna M. White

Are you looking for a clean romance with a healthy dose of mystery? Well, I have just the book for you.

The Lost Heiress
Roseanna M. White

5 out of 5 stars!

Elements of The Lost Heiress reminded me of other stories I have read. Particularly, the East of the Sun Series (Tomorrow's Treasure, Today's Embrace, and Today's Embrace) by Linda Lee Chaikin, The Grand Tour Series (Glamorous Illusions, Grave Consequences, and Glittering Promises) by Lisa T. Bergren, and The House in Grosvenor Square by Linore Rose Burkard. Now, you may not like a book that reminds you of other books you've read, but these are some of my favorites so I'm okay with being reminded of them. I love a good Anastasia-esque story where the heroine is plopped into a world she is unaccustomed to. White's characters are well-developed and make this an entirely new story even though there are familiar elements. Flaws and quirks make the characters feel real. This is definitely one of my favorite books of the year! Once I started The Lost Heiress I couldn't put it down. Seriously. It was one of those books that once I reached the last 100 pages I HAD to stay up and finish it. The book wouldn't let me go to sleep until I knew what happened. This is just the first book in the Ladies of the Manor series and I will definitely be keeping my eyes out for book two.

Fun fact: Roseanna started writing this story when she was around 12! Of course it has gone through many revisions, but it gives me hope for the story in my head!

Official book blurbBrook Eden has never known where she truly belongs. Though raised in the palace of Monaco, she’s British by birth and was brought to the Grimaldis under suspicious circumstances as a babe. When Brook’s friend Justin uncovers the fact that Brook is likely a missing heiress from Yorkshire, Brook leaves the sun of the Mediterranean to travel to the moors of the North Sea to the estate of her supposed family.The mystery of her mother’s death haunts her, and though her father is quick to accept her, the rest of the family and the servants of Whitby Park are not. Only when Brook’s life is threatened do they draw close—but their loyalty may come too late to save Brook from the same threat that led to tragedy for her mother.As heir to a dukedom, Justin is no stranger to balancing responsibilities. When the matters of his estate force him far from Brook, the distance between them reveals that what began as friendship has grown into something much more. But how can their very different loyalties and responsibilities ever come together?

Still not sure if you'd like to read The Lost Heiress? You can read the first chapter on Roseanna's website! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Twirling Naked in the Streets and No One Noticed

Challenge Check

Reels & Reads: Divergent